Sunday, December 16, 2012

Choco-mint Lip Balm

Another super easy recipe.  When I was looking for a lip balm recipe, the number of results was overwhelming.  I ended up basically taking my knowledge and previous experience with making stuff and throwing something together.

Why?  Well, cause like I said, it was overwhelming.  Plus, almost every recipe had an ingredient in it that I didn't have on hand.  So, I just had to wing it.

With that in mind, know that lip balms are incredibly flexible.  Meaning, it's difficult to mess it up.  Even if you think you messed it up, it's likely still usable, so don't sweat it.

My recipe....sort of.  ;)

2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (I get mine from Vitacost.  BTW, if you're new to Vitacost and sign up using my link, we both get a $10 code!)
1 Tablespoon Pure Cocoa Butter (this makes the chocolateyness.  Can be purchased at Frontier, health food stores, or at Mountain Rose Herbs)
1 Tablespoon Beeswax (can also be purchased at any of the same above places)
8 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (I prefer Mountain Rose Herbs brand)
1/4 teaspoon of honey

In a double broiler, or similar, melt your coconut oil, Cocoa Butter, and beeswax together.  If you use the little beeswax pellets, I've learned that you have to continue heating a few minutes longer than you THINK they've melted.  :)  Just to be sure.  Once it's all melted, remove from heat, add the honey and essential oils and stir.  Pour into your awaiting balm containers.

That's it.  Done!  Takes all of about 10 minutes.  Recipe yield was 4 - 1/4 ounce lip balm containers, which I purchased from Frontier for $2.70 for 6 containers.  You can truly use anything though.


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete