Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Homemade Garlic Toast

This was actually my husband's idea.  I resisted for the longest time thinking there was no way I could make it as tasty as the store bought stuff.  Turns out I was wrong!  This is WAY cheaper too!

You'll need:

2 loaves of french bread.  I picked them up from Walmart on their day old section for 39 cents a piece.  You can get plain, garlic and herb, or other flavors.





3 sticks of REAL butter

2 teaspoons of garlic powder (click link for how to make homemade garlic powder)


 In a bowl, slightly warm the butter til it's soft, but not fully melted.  I put mine in a stainless steel bowl and floated it in a sink of hot water until it was just right.  Add in the garlic, (you can use more or less if you prefer) mix it up good.






















Slice up the bread.

I used a pastry brush to add a thick glob of garlic butter to each slice.


Place on a baking sheet and pop in the freezer for about an hour.












Then place in a bag or container to store until use.




















To bake, warm at 400 for 10-15 minutes depending your personal preference.  I like mine soft and warm.  Some prefer it crusty.  Bake to what you like.  :)  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment