Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins

We picked approximately 11 pounds of fresh raspberries this past spring.  Many of which are in my freezeer and in desperate need of use.  So today, I pulled out a package and went to work on some raspberry cream cheese muffins.  I originally got the recipe from relishrelish.com and have changed it just a tad.


2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed)
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup butter (softened)
3 eggs (1 whole + 2 whites)
1/2 cup buttermilk (or regular)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine cream cheese and butter until well blended and smooth.  Add sugar, beat until fluffy.  Add vanilla and eggs, beat.  Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  mix well.  Add to wet mixture and combine well.  Gently fold in berries and nuts.  Fill cupcake cups with 1/4 cup of mixture.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.  Makes 24

YUMMY!  These also freeze well!  I made a double batch during my last pregnancy and pulled them out for the kids for breakfast during the post partum period when it was hard for me to find my hands free long enough to fix anything. MMMMMMMM MMMMMMM MMMMM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment